We’ve been hearing about it coming for a while and after testing and gossiping and waiting…it’s finally here. There’s a new way to respond to Facebook posts without having to actually spell anything, which is probably a very good thing for some folks and a little more pressure for those of us that are now forced to squash our feelings into six little categories.
Facebook is rolling out the new options as I write this and here’s what you have to look forward to:
- The regular “like” button that says, “Hey, I saw your post.”
- The “love” button that tells others that you want to marry them or possibly that you think the baby/puppy/drawing/joke is cute.
- The third choice in line looks like it means, “HAHAHAHAHAHA”. Let me go see if that’s correct. It has more professional name, but I’m sticking with what I wrote.
- Fourth in line is “Wow” or “I can not believe that happened.”
- Crying face is fifth in line. For really sad stuff that calls for tears and an emoticon.
- The last option is the hot-headed angry face that I bet we will see a lot of in political posts. The presidential campaign on Facebook has just gotten more entertaining. Nothing will show displeasure more than angry face!
There are a bunch of posts rolling across the internet right now with takes on how these little icons will affect our Facebook communications, so have a look and let us know what you think!
Cynthia knows her Facebook feed will be very entertaining today hearing about the love and hate of the new button. “HAHAHA face”