iTunes U, which was previously one of our (Good) Free Apps of the Day, has been No. 1 on the U.S. App Store chart for free iPad educational apps for weeks, but today No. 1 is an app called Star Rover HD that is free only for a limited time. (So everyone and their grandma seems to be grabbing a copy!)
Do you love the starry night? Do you want to know everything in the sky? Star Rover HD is the fantastic planetarium for your iPad. Just hold up your iPad and Star Rover HD will tell you exactly what you are pointing at.
Star Rover HD calculates all sky objects in REAL-TIME, which means the objects on the screen including moon phases, planets positions, stars and so on are exactly the same as the real ones.
Star Rover HD makes the virtual sky a gorgeous view. You can see star twinkling, beautiful nebulae, an occasional meteor and even sunset glow in the evening.
Star Rover HD is very easy to use. It determines your location automatically and supports pinch-to-zoom for more details. You can simply touch the buttons on the screen to change the sky view.
– Over 120,000 Hipparcos stars.
– All 88 constellations with beautiful artworks.
– Planets and their moons.
– Moon phases.
– Real images of nebulae (Messier catalogue).
– Sky objects information.
– Realistic Milky Way.
– Star twinkling.
– Equatorial and azimuthal grids.
– Realistic atmosphere, sunrise and sunset.
– Stars and the sky brightness adjustment to match the observation conditions.
– Eclipse simulation.
– Sky view underneath the horizon.
– Time setting and animation.
– Manually location setting.
– Point and view.
If you would like to download Star Rover HD please support smartappsforkids.com by using the links provided. Thanks for your support!
* Rather than just post a list with links we’re going to find one free app each day, make sure it’s worth downloading, and post the info.
Here are the rules:
1) The app has to have some substance as free. In other words, it can’t be a few seconds of play and then require an in-app purchase.
2) My kids or I have to like it.
3) It can’t have ads all over it.