Sometimes we here at Good Free App of the Day have grown so accustomed to a certain free app that we forget that most of the world may not be. We take this free app for granted, not noticing its continued, faithful appy goodness while we're off chasing the next big thing.
Since we've now reached close to 30k followers worldwide, it's time to ensure that everyone knows about the free version of Mathmateer. The full version of this app is one of our Top Picks and the free version isn't just one small thing and then a giant request to buy more. Mathmateer Free includes five different kinds of math practice: numbers, time, U.S. money, shapes/patterns and multiply/divide, all part of a terrific build-a-rocket-and-launch-it game.
There are no in-apps or social media links. There are small ads that link to the App Store for the full version of the app and the developer's other apps, but no third-party apps.
Download Mathmateer Free!
** Only the app's developer can control when an app is free or not. All apps that we post as Good Free Apps of the Day are verified to be free at the time of this post. We make no guarantees otherwise. **
While your rocket is floating weightlessly in space, the real fun begins! Play one of the many fun math missions. Each mission has touchable objects floating in space, including stars, coins, 3D shapes and more! Earn a bronze, silver or gold medal and also try to beat your high score. Missions range in difficulty from even/odd numbers all the way to square roots, so kids and their parents will enjoy hours of fun while learning math.
â¸ Telling Time
â¸ U.S. Money
â¸ 3D Shapes
â¸ Fun math missions that are different every time
â¸ Over 90 colorful rocket parts
â¸ Lively sound effects and music
â¸ Fun arithmetic game with 3 difficulty levels
â¸ Works on both iPhone and iPad – a universal app
â¸ Choose from over 15 space-themed avatars
â¸ Create up to five player profiles
â¸ Rocket simulator is powered by a realistic physics engine
â¸ Provides hours and hours of learning fun!
– Does not contain in-app purchases.
– Does not contain integration with social networks.
– Does not use analytics / data collection tools.
– Does include links to apps by Dan Russell-Pinson in the iTunes App Store (via LinkShare).
If you would like to download Mathmateer (FREE, iPad/iPhone) please support Smart Apps for Kids by using this link button:
Every day we pick what we affectionately call the Good Free App of the Day, an app that we have downloaded, tested and certified: It can't have a ton of ads or just a little content with a ton of in-app purchases.
It also has to be good.
We then present them to you to read, download, and share and, based on which ones got the most hits, here are your Top 100 Favorite Free Apps!
We've done our best to only include apps that are permanently free, but sometimes developers do change their minds so please leave a comment if you find an app that's no longer free.
2) LEGO App 4+ (build a vehicle and then use it in activities)
3) Toddler/Preschool Flash Cards (they added ads!)
6) Open Wide Snap (we rated five stars)
9) The Lorax
11) Play 123
12) Hide Run Growl (we rated five stars)
15) Rover (flash-enabled browser for kids)
17) Little Stars – Toddler Games (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, first words)
19) NASA App HD
21) Khan Academy (educations videos for adults and older children)
22) Draw Something (Pictionary online! Older kids only)
23) Math Bingo Games
28) Miss Spider apps (Bedtime Story and Tea Party)
30) I Can Write 2 (make sentences about images)
31) PBS Kids Video (all their favorites)
33) Scribble Press (make an book!)
34) Brain Quest (from the people that make those card thingees)
35) Goodnight Safari (baby animals!)
36) ShowMe (virtual whiteboard app)
37) Toca Kitchen Monsters (all kids need Toca Boca)
38) Rocket Speller
39) Color Uncovered (please don't let your dog drive)
40) Little Finder
41) Lego Duplo Jams
42) Agnitus (math, alphabet, fruits, shapes, colors, counting, animals)
43) Spy Mouse
46) Toontastic (we rated five stars)
47) Touch the Sound
48) Bluster! (McGraw-Hill)
50) Let's Color
51) MeeGenius (six ebooks for free!)
52) Articulation Station (lite version)
53) Monkey Drum
54) BrainPop Featured Movie (No. 1 on our Editor's Choice list)
55) Math Vs. Zombies
58) Sock Puppets
60) Sprout's Good Night Star (nighttime routine, brusha! brusha! brusha!)
61) 6-in-1 Children's Games (lite version)
63) iTunes U (go to college on your iOS device)
67) Clockwork Brain (mind-training puzzles)
68) DialSafe Pro (we gave five stars)
70) Screen Chomp (virtual whiteboard)
72) Feel Electric (The Electric Company is back!)
73) Google Earth
75) Squiggles (bring scribbles to life)
79) The Lorax Truffula Shuffle (U.S. only for some reason)
81) Astrid & Siri (ebook)
83) Jingle All the Way (Christmas app)
84) Domino's Pizza Hero (U.S. only)
85) How Stuff Works (older kids that have had "the talk" only)
87) Booksy (one of our Top Picks)
89) Mini Mining
90) AppStar Picks
91) JibJab Jr. Books (put the child's face in a book!)
92) IQ Test – Free Edition (older kids and parents only)
96) Pandora Radio (parents need to control)
97) Nova Elements
98) WebMD (for parents and teachers)
99) Christmas Eve